Geocaching in Nicolet-YamaskaWhat to do - Geocaching
Geocaching is a real treasure hunt carried out using GPS devices. Join the specific coordinates and attempt to find the geocache (box) that is hidden there! Nicolet-Yamaska is 16 municipalities and Aboriginal reserves with caches hidden here and there! A great way to discover the area on foot, bicycle, motorcycle or car!
You would like to play ... here's how the adventure begin!
Geocaching requires 8 steps:
1. Sign up for a free basic membership at www.geocaching.com.
2. Go to the "Hide & Search".
3. Enter your zip code and click "Search."
4. Choose any geocache from the list and click its name.
5. Transfer the coordinates of the geocache to your GPS device.
6. Use your GPS to help you find the hidden geocache.
7. Sign the log and return the geocache to its original location.
8. Share your adventures and photos of Geocaching online.
If you do not have a GPS device, make the 1-2-3 steps as mentioned and download to your smart phone with an integrated GPS Geocaching free application. Later, looking for caches near where you are and have fun finding caches (follow step 6 using your smartphone and follow step 7-8).
What are the rules of Geocaching?
If you take something from the geocache (or "cache"), let there something of equal or greater value.
Write your name in the logbook.
Register your adventure on www.geocaching.com.
Where can you find caches?
Around the world! Geocachers often hide caches in locations that are important and reflect a special interest or skill of the cache owner. These locations may be different. They can be in a city park after a big hike, underwater or along a city street.